This swelling often occurs as a result of blood pooling and poor circulation. So where do diabetic compression socks come in? Why is it important for diabetics to use stockings designed explicitly for their condition? Let’s take a closer look.
How the Right Socks for Diabetes Can Help
Compression socks can help to recirculate blood. However, their benefits for diabetes sufferers goes a little deeper than this.
- Oedema in diabetics can lead to long term pain, discomfort and even further problems and conditions. Failure to attend to swelling in the legs and feet could lead to ulcers, which if left untreated, may become fatal.
- Many diabetics suffer from fatigue, strain and aching in their legs and feet. Therefore, many will wear compression socks for pain and discomfort relief.
- Compression socks work by targeting veins in the legs and feet. This is so that they can redirect blood back towards parts of the body which need it. Diabetes is a condition which affects blood health and sugar levels. This means that, more often than not, a diabetic will suffer from poor circulation unless they keep things in check.
- Compression socks for diabetics are also designed to help prevent friction from footwear. When worn correctly and without creases or wrinkles, diabetic compression socks can prevent skin rubbing. They can even help to protect against cuts and grazes. Diabetics are at risk of many problems from open wounds, sores and ulcers.
- What’s more, compression stockings also help to prevent further nerve damage and to gently press fluid and blood away from pooling areas. That means that they are often a viable, comfortable source of help for those who do not wish to go into surgery.
Compression socks may also prove to be a cost-effective form of relief and support. Wearing these socks and stockings regularly will negate the need for expensive treatments elsewhere.
Why Choose Diabetic Socks?
Our diabetic compression socks range is specially designed by medical professionals to help aid everyday comfort. Therefore, any swelling, fatigue or general aches and pains can be easily soothed and remedied with gentle pressure. Unlike other compression socks in the TXG catalogue, diabetic socks are designed with added protection for your skin. This means you are always protected, no matter where life may take you.
No matter your lifestyle choices and no matter your activity levels, compression socks may prove to help soothe problems you may be experiencing as a diabetic. Why not take a look at our fantastic range of socks available online? Or, simply call the TXG team on 1800 455 994 to learn more.
Please note: The information provided here is for general information only and is not intended to act as medical advice. We advise anyone interested in this subject to seek qualified, professional advice.